- Virtual Visits
- Helpful Videos
- Patient Forms
- Rx & Referrals
- Open Houses
- After Hours & Emergencies
Cancellations & No Shows
If you need to cancel an appointment, please notify our office as soon as possible so that we may be able to accomodate potential sick patients who may need to be seen.
If a Well Visit appointment is missed or cancelled with less than 24 hours notice, you may be charged a $35 fee.
If a Consult appointment is missed or cancelled with less than 24 hours notice, you may be charged a $50 fee.
If the appointment is a Sick, Follow-up, or Same day Visit, we require no less than 3 hours notice prior to the scheduled visit for cancellation. If you fail to follow our office policy for cancellation, you may be charged a $25 fee.
We Have a Strict NO-SHOW Policy at this Office
- In the event of 3 NO-SHOW visits, with no calls of cancellation 24 hours prior, you may be dismissed from the practice.
- Please understand that we have created these policies to best be able to accomodate all of our patients, and to be able to provide same day service for any patient in need of an office visit. If we endure last minute cancellations and/or no shows, these are appointments that could provide care for other sick patients in need of our services.
Arundel Pediatrics processes prescription refills on weekdays only. We do not process prescription requests on weekends. When requesting refills, your chart has to be reviewed by your physician before a prescription can be filled. Our office requires 3 business days to process a prescription request. Prescriptions may be requested over the phone or online via the patient portal. If your child is on a medication that is refilled on a monthly basis, please plan accordingly when requesting prescriptions. We will not mail prescriptions unless a self-addressed stamped envelope is provided. Controlled substances cannot be called in to a pharmacy. Same day or rush prescriptions for routine medication refills are available for an expedited fee of $10.
Forms to be Completed by Our Office
School, Daycare, Sports physical and other forms require 3 business days to complete unless presented at the time of a well child visit. Forms dropped off, except during well child visits, require a $10 processing fee. For rush or same day turnaround of forms, there is an additional rush fee of $10 (for a total of $20). We do not mail or fax forms, but you may provide a self-addressed stamped envelope for mailing.
Referrals to a Specialist
In the event that you require a referral to see a specialist, you must first schedule your appointment, before a referral can be issued. Our office requires 5 business days to process a referral. You may phone a request to the office referral line or online via the patient portal. Please leave all pertinent information for the referral to be processed. Your referral may not be processed if all information is not given at the time of the request. The referral will be faxed to the specialist once it has been processed. Referral requests are only honored prior to the patient's appointments. We will not backdate referrals. We are under legal obligation to all insurance companies to process referrals according to Maryland State Law.
Video, Audio Recording & Photography
- Video, audio recording and photography (hereinafter referred to as "recording") in the exam room require the consent of both the patient and the provider and/or staff involved.
- To assure safe provision of care, we do not allow recording during procedures.
- Arundel Pediatrics, P.A. reserves the right to request that recording be discontinued at any time during the visit, at the discretion of the staff or providers.
- Any permitted recording is not part of the medical record and the parent/guardian assumes sole responsibility to protect the privacy of the recording.
- To insure the privacy of other patients, recording is only allowed in the exam room with the door closed and not in common areas like the well or sick waiting room, hallways, front or back office.